This time of year I really do love recipes that feel like they make themselves. We have so much going on and I can’t afford or justify restaurant trips every time I’m just too done in to cook. To avoid this I have to try and plan ahead and sometimes just be creative with what is available to me.
This recipe came about during one of those times when I needed to be creative with what I had but really wanted something yummy. I have worked from home for a few years now, and the great thing is you don’t have to have lunch made when you walk out the door in the morning. This is also a bad thing because then you may lose your whole lunch break trying to figure out what in the world to eat! I had cooked chicken from dinner the night before, an abundance of cherry tomatoes and feta cheese on hand. I threw it all on a crispy flatbread, gave it a little oil, salt and pepper and a tasty fast meal was born!
This can be easily packaged to take on the go to school or work since all the ingredients can be eaten cold or easily reheat in the microwave. It can also be doubled, tripled, or more quite easily so it can make a great light dinner too.
Give this a try or better yet, use this as a base to inspire you to get creative with what you have and make something new and exciting! And if you do, stop over to our Facebook page and share your creation!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1
- 1/2 cup cooked and cut chicken
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (a handful)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (more or less to taste
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 flatbread
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Warm flatbread in 400 degree oven for 3-5 minutes or microwave until warm.
- Add cooked chicken to flatbread.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken
- Add tomatoes to cheese and chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil over flatbread
- My absolute favorite recipes are ones that are not really recipes but more inspiration to eating. For this recipe you can sub the cheese to cheddar, add a little ranch and bacon and make this a chicken bacon flatbread. The possibilities for this are endless!
Super simple, super fast and super good! Be sure to follow us on Instagram @littleprairiekitchen and if you make this (or a tasty variation) use the tag #lpkrecipes and post a pic of your food creation. I would love to see your take on this!