I love having a meal plan for my dinners, but sometimes this is almost an impossible dream! For those nights I give you…meatballs!
Easy to prepare, easy to make a huge batch of, and even easier to grab out of the freezer to reheat and eat! This is a basic recipe that I find easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy!
Busy Day Meatballs
Makes: 18-24 depending on size | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25-30 mins
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup rolled quick oats
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1/4 cup fresh onions, finely chopped (feel free to add more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper (a few twists from a grinder or 1 teaspoon of each)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix ground beef, salt, and pepper until well combined
- Add rolled oats and dried onion flakes and mix until all ingredients are well combined
- Add milk and Worcestershire sauce and mix until just combined (no need to overmix here)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Using your hands, roll beef mixture into balls about 1/2 inch (or to your preferred size) and add to baking dish
- Bake meatballs for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and no pink remains
- Prepare desired sides and sauces and enjoy!
- If you buy a fattier ground beef (85% or below-as I do because it saves you some money!) you may want to bake these meatballs on a cooking rack placed on a cookie sheet. This will keep the meatballs from swimming in the fat. Start to check on these at 20 minutes cook time as they will cook a bit faster elevated.
- To freeze divide meatballs into freezer bags or containers, cool completely overnight in the refrigerator and freeze the next day. Make sure to clearly label and use within 3-6 months of preparation. Refrigeration first is key! I have grown some mighty icicle palaces on my food when I tried to freeze it before it cooled. Pretty? Yes sort of. Tasty? Not so much!
Now that you have an amazing meal staple all ready to go, here are some ideas on how to jazz it up!
Simply Tasty Pasta Sauce with Meatballs
Quick BBQ Meatballs