I think it is safe for me to declare that I love bread. There is no single greater food thrill for me than a hot and fresh loaf just begging to be chewed, dipped and savored. Except cheese. But I digress.
So that I can have bread on nights when I don’t have time to make bread, I bake extras of my French Bread and freeze to pop out at a later time. One way I love to enjoy this bread is by dressing it up in garlic and butter and pairing it with a good pasta dish and a good glass of wine. A fresh loaf from your local bakery works with this too if time is short and you need a garlic bread fix now!
- 1 loaf french bread, baked and cooled or purchased
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Slice garlic bread in half lengthwise and then cut each half into halves.
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish (or on low heat in a small saucepan).
- Once butter is melted add garlic and stir until mixed in.
- Brush over garlic pieces and heat in oven for 8-10 minutes or until bread begins to turn golden brown.
- Heat, slice and serve with your favorite dish.