I have been dropping the ball left and right when it comes to dinnertime lately. I’ve been using all my energy and cooking enthusiasm to get my bake on, but neglecting to remember we need to eat dinner! So I’ve been relying heavily on meals I can make fast and know by heart.
I’ve often praised how versatile meatballs are and how easy it is to make a bunch then save them for a night when dinner may have been forgotten! These tasty subs fit that bill to a T! This recipe is one that I threw together when I had a handy batch of my favorite Busy Day Meatballs in the freezer and a mason jar full of my Simply Tasty Pasta Sauce ready for action. A quick warm up, a slice of a roll and a sprinkle of cheese later, I was biting into ooey and gooey comfort food wrapped up in a bun!
Trust me when I say having this in your pocket will be a lifesaver on nights when you have no time and nothing to serve. So go ahead, sprinkle and serve!
Speedy Meatball Subs
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Serves: varies
- Fully cooked and thawed meatballs (plan on 3 per sub)
- 2 cups pasta sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sub rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare sub rolls-leave roll halves attached and hollow out center of each half. Reserve extra bread for later use (may I recommend DIY Breadcrumbs?)
- Prepare meatballs by heating in the microwave or in oven until warm
- Toss meatballs in warmed pasta sauce and place three meatballs with sauce onto each sub roll
- Top meatballs with a bit more sauce to taste
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each sub to your cheese preference
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is fully melted
- Serve with your favorite sides!